AERIS from Legacy Audio is a speaker system whose striking looks are matched only by its performance capabilities. This 4.5 way system is the first to use the Legacy Dual Air Motion Tweeter (an advanced AMT design) and features open air dipole midrange, dual subwoofers with internal bass amplification, room correction and craftsmanship display options.
AERIS is the first to use the Legacy Dual Air Motion Tweeter (an advanced AMT design) with high power handling and high efficiency, and a titanium encrusted 8” midrange with an enormous motor structure imported from Italy. The bottom end is highlighted by a 10” midbass and dual 12” subwoofers. The dual 12″ woofers of the Aeris deliver unprecedented linear output with snap and definition with rich upper bass and clean transition to the lower midrange owing to a 15 lb motor structure.
The bass section is powered by 1,000 watts of included ICEpower® amplification and offers exceptional extension to 18Hz. The included 24-bit DSP Wavelaunch room correction features balanced analog inputs and outputs for optimizing performance. The upper portion of the speaker cabinet is open air dipole for fast decay of mid-bass frequencies and airy spacious highs. The elegant design employs a 2.25” thick baffle with 2” side walls. LED Crossover Illumination within the upper portion of the cabinet reveals the intricately wired crossover design.
AERIS utilizes radiation control via the hybrid dipolar cabinet. Side-wall radiation is greatly reduced while DSP is employed to divide, align, and contour the response. The user needs to supply two channels of amplification and the Wavelaunch processor allows easy gain matching via its output level controls. Room response deviations can be reduced dramatically with the 8 bands of parametric EQ provided on each of the 4 inputs and 8 outputs of the included Wavelaunch processor. Aeris can also be upgraded with the award winning Wavelet 2 processor for the highest level of performance and even more control.
- Product ManualDownload Manual
- Application:DSP based bi-amped hybrid dipole
- System Type:6 driver, 4.5 way
- Tweeter:Dual Air Motion Tweeter System- 1″ AMT super tweeter & 4″ AMT tweeter
- Midrange:8″ titanium encrusted, accordion edge with 6 lb magnetic structure
- Midwoofer:10″ accordion edge with 10 lb magnetic structure
- Subwoofer:Dual 12″ ultra-linear bass drivers with 15 lb motor
- Passive Radiator:10″ Mass loaded pneumatic
- Low Frequency Alignment:Hybrid Cardioid, dual rear ported
- Inputs:1 Pair binding posts for Upper range, 1 XLR balanced for Bass
- Internal Amplification:Dual 500w ICEpower amplifiers
- Recommended Amplification:1 External channel of 15-500w required. Bass section is driven with 1000w of internal power
- Freq. Response (Hz, +/-2dB):18-30k, includes 24 bit processor
- Impedance:4 Ohm/ 10k amp Input
- Sensitivity:95.4 dB (2.83V@1m)
- Crossover (Hz):80, 2.8k, 8k
- Cabinet Dimensions HxWxD (inches):Upper Cabinet: 58 x 14.5 x 16 Base: 1 x 19 x 17.5
- Weight:182 lbs each
- Shipping Weight:301 lbs each