The Legacy Silhouette on-wall is an extremely versatile speaker for home theater mains, rear or even surround sound applications. The robust driver complement and special electrical network yield the optimum response at the listening position. The result is a speaker that does not sound like an on-wall with staging beyond the wall.
On-wall speakers are often dynamically challenged, especially in the lower octaves. This isn’t the case with the Legacy Silhouette. It provides top-to-bottom performance with plenty of slam. The three-way design features a newly engineered 10″ low-profile long-excursion woofer and pneumatically coupled radiator to lay the foundation supporting the high acceleration 7″ silver/graphite midrange. Treble remains clear and airy from the 4″ Legacy AMT ribbon, boasting a high-temperature pleated Kapton diaphragm and neodymium motor.
The internal crossover divides the spectrum precisely where the wall boundary creates a strong dip in the response of conventional speakers. This compensation in the electrical network allows for the appropriate response at the listening position. The result is a speaker that does not sound like an on-wall with staging beyond the wall.
Silhouette is available in black or white satin, and a variety of elegant wood veneers to match any décor. It pairs with the Silhouette Center Channel speaker. French cleat-mounting brackets make for quick installation on the wall surface.
The Legacy Silhouette is also available as the Silhouette Pro In-Wall version, for behind screen or in-wall applications. Please consult the manual for the various mounting options available to you.
- Product ManualDownload Manual
- Application:Low profile articulate full range main or side channel
- System Type:4 driver, 3 way
- Mounting:Wall mount with bracket
- Tweeter:4″ AMT folded ribbon
- Midwoofer:7″ Silver/Graphite woven diaphragm, cast basket, phase compensation plug
- Bass:10″ long throw low-profile motor
- Passive Radiator:10″ mass loaded pneumatic
- Low Frequency Alignment:Assisted B6
- Inputs:1 pair binding post, recessed cup
- Recommended Amplification:25-300 Watts
- Freq Response (Hz, +/-3dB):42-28k
- Impedance:4 Ohm
- Sensitivity:92 dB (2.83V @ 1m)
- Crossover Frequency (Hz):250, 2.5k
- Dimensions (HxWxD, inches):35.5 x 13.125 x 4.6 (add 5/8″ to depth if grille required)
- Weight:50 lbs each